Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Nasi Lemak.. Nasi Lemak.. Nasi Lemak

Nasi Lemak anyone?
Malaysia is famous for nasi lemak, one of Malay traditional dishes that are known from the early days. I also love nasi lemak. What makes nasi lemak tastes delicious? Is it the sambal? Or the nasi itself or the way it is pack and cook. For me, nasi lemak is tasted by the combination of its sambal and nasi. Fuhhh.. Cannot resist avoiding nasi lemak. Lately, the government has debut about selling nasi lemak at the school canteen which is contributing to children obese... how true it is I dare not to say. But like others say it is not practical to ban it. Okay let's forget about those banned and etc.etc... just look at my nasi lemak here... Are they tempting you?






Surprise! Wondering why so many nasi lemak and it also looks like to sell at Mamak stall. Yes true... it is for sale at coffee stall. I am selling nasi lemak.. Don’t believe it? You have to believe it. How I did it?
Ha... I always wake up early in the morning around 5.00 am(it is usual)...start cooking coconut milk first. Meant time, while waiting for the coconut milk to boil I will cook the sambal bilis. Everything is ready at night such as onion, and chili paste. I blended them before going to bed.
And my husband will come back from work around 3.30pm, so he is the one who will put the rice in the coconut milk... and cook the rice. So by the time I reach home at 5.20pm I just help him pack into banana leaf... ready!!! Nasi Lemak siap.....
Every day we just prepare for 30-40 packs.. Enough lah... just suka-suka atas permintaan orang-orang kat sini yang setia menjadi pelanggan nasi lemak aku and I sell it at RM1.20 for nasi lemak with sambal, ikan bilis goreng, kacang goreng and telur rebus cut into half.

No comments: